Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A Guy asked Me Why I Don't Have a Boyfriend

And here's my reply:

I've given up ever finding the right guy NOW. I have also given up dating NOW. Yes, there are guys around, even guys from my high school, the crush ng bayan back then who wouldn't even throw me a second look. But now, they give me the attention. Big thanks to our batch reunion that I got to meet them again. Indeed, good job has its rewards. You get to look good because you're not stressed financially. You get to do anything you want and it makes you a bit happy. But strip all those away, and you're still the old you. The same person from high school or college who just got by.

As regards the fear of "what people will think," I really don't see myself going out with a younger goodlooking guy down the hall. The world has, in fact, stopped worrying me a long time ago. I'm confident enough to say that I am wanted and needed and loved, maybe not by some random man of the world, but by my family. At this time, no love can ever match the love I feel when I hold my 1 year old nephew in my arms, or when I see my parents make fools of themselves like kids of old, or when I'm with friends and there's not a care in the world.

When a man finally finds me, he will find me happy and without baggage. He will not find me wanting and needing. He will find me WOW and AMAZING and EXCITING.

Thank you for your message. I enjoyed reading it.

No comments: