Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Early Days

I couldn't sleep the other night and I was about to start counting sheep when I saw the pile of photo albums on top of my dresser. Hmm...I wonder if those pictures will remind me of better days, of less stressful time, or days worse than today to be happy about and thankful that I made it through and that I'm better off these days.

And the memories astound me.

(Click the pics for bigger views.)


College was difficult, but I managed to get a job at PNU's personnel office and was able to afford (well, barely) to stay at Normal Hall. That's my corner, the last to the window and those were my bed and cabinet.



Looking high schoolish, I was already teaching High School students in this picture. A teacher bored, too young to be stressed.


My co-teachers. To the right is Teacher Zshyle (I hope I got the name right. And may she rest in peace. She succumbed to cancer in late 90s). Extreme left is Adelfa, another co-teacher. She has become one of my bestfriends. I used to go to Lucban, her province, several times in a year. These days, we still text once in a while and I still get invitations to Lucban. I am, in fact, going to Lucban this weekend with another friend. I am Ninang to her only son.



My first plane ride. Aboard Cebu Pacific with my co-teachers from Colegio San Agustin, Dasma in Makati. We went to Cebu for a summer getaway. Thanks to CSA. To the left is Rowena, the girl who loved, loved, loved Gone With the Wind and everything about it. To my right is Ruben, another co-teacher. These are the only ones whose name I remember. I'm such a bad person!


At a Guitar Store in Cebu. Now this is another challenge. I can only remember three names here. To the left is Cele, Physics teacher, a doctor now. She was one of my buddies at CSA. Of course beside me to the right is Rowena, a buddy, too. Behind Rowena is Neil, a Biology crush-ng-bayan teacher.

No comments: