Sunday, April 13, 2008

Duran Duran and the Worst Thursday of My Life

April 10, 2008 - Thursday.

Almost a month ago, I made a mental note in my mental calendar about April 10, 2008. I was on my way to Gateway in Araneta Center when I saw a poster of Duran Duran's Red Carpet Massacre Concert in Araneta on this date at 8 PM. I swore I would never miss it for a wedding, my own even.

Days following this, I told my sister I was going to the concert and if she did good I might take her with me.

The reality of work, of life, of normalcy stepped in. April 10, 2008, 7 PM, an hour before the concert, I was home. I forgot all about the concert. Oh, fcuk it! "And I wanted to DIE, so I asked ME to DIE, But fear is in MY soul. Some people call it a one night stand, but I can call it SUICIDE!"

How could I forget Duran Duran? How could I forget Simon Le Bon and Nick Rhodes. Forget the Taylors, but not Nick! Shit!

This is a wake up call. I can forgive myself for landing on bad lovers and boyfriends. I can understand myself giving priority to professional career over my own family. And God forgive me for not hearing mass every Sunday! But not, not forget Duran Duran!

No comments: